Fear of pain stops many people visiting the dentist
That’s why we have developed so many ways to help. The most important is our dentist’s incredible skill and gentle touch. We also rely on the latest technology.
Our dental laser, for example, allows fillings to be performed without resorting to a dental drill. This gets rid of the noise everyone hates and reduces the friction caused by a traditional dental drill. It’s this friction which can sometimes lead to pain.
Paula has managed to do the impossible through her humour, patience, skill and experience and I now have regular visits without the prior sleepless nights and palpitations! I can't thank her enough and I would definitely recommend her to anyone, particularly those of a nervous disposition!
For peace of mind we also offer three ways of delivering anaesthetic
- Because we use an anaesthetic cream on your gum first you shouldn’t feel any pain when a traditional injection is administered. Within a few minutes the nerves in the tooth being treated should be fully numb. Additional top-ups can be delivered if you feel anything uncomfortable.
- Our dentists are so gentle that we have even had patients falling asleep during a filling!
- The Wand is a remarkable computer controlled way of delivering anaesthetic. The slow, precise flow-rate is key to providing a relaxing experience without the potential ‘sting’ that used to be associated with a traditional injection.
- Injex is a revolutionary way of delivering anaesthetic without any needle at all. The system works by sending an ultra fine jet of medication (much smaller than a needle) directly into the gum using compressed air. The anaesthetic follows the path of least resistance which avoids any damage to blood vessels or nerve fibres.
- Most people hate needles and up to 10% have a recognised phobia of them. Thanks to Injex that needn’t stop you receiving the dental care you need.